En Un Sol Amarillo (Memorias De Un Temblor)
Teatro de los Andes
UTR 2007 - The Public
The Producers of Under the Radar received this e-mail (originally in Spanish) from Teatro de los Andes. Here is the text of the famous e-mail, translated into English for your reading pleasure.
Subject: Re: please translate soon.
Dear Meiyin, Olga and all the friends of Under the Radar Festival:
I thank you all for the immense effort you’re putting into organizing our participation in the festival and most of all our visas
As you can see if you trace the Fedex
It still hasn’t arrived to Sucre; I hope it arrives before the 11th(with great delay)
When I receive the envelope I will call the US Embassy
I already bought days ago the ticket to make the appointment
Afterwards (as suggested in your email by the US Consulate) I will tell you the confirmed interview date and all the details that they ask for
I will try to set up an interview for Alice Guimaraes, since she is traveling the 11th in the morning to Brazil, returning the 8th to Bolivia
-When I receive the envelope, I’ll call Call Center and then send all the information they ask for to whom? To the same address at the consulate, the lawyer Jeffrey Gabel? (In any case I’ll send a copy to you)
-The visas for the technicians aren’t ready, what should Mamerto Betanzos and I do? Should I wait for our visas to arrive and then repeat the same transaction? Can we go with the actors even though we still don’t have the visa P1-S?
I don’t want to sound like a crybaby but my desire and urgency in advancing all these processes depends on the burocracy and the conditions where we live in:
-To go to the Embassy we have two options:
a) travel 13 hours by bus, arrive early morning, go to the Embassy and in the afternoon go back home (another 13 hours of travel), in 48 hours that’s 26 of travel.
b) By airplane you can’t arrive the same day to the interview- not even when we return home, so we need to travel three days, with two nights in a hotel, which costs 170 dollars per person (1020 dollars total) If there is rain, and we are in the season of rain, they close the airport and there isn’t an airplane available maybe for one to two days. Because of these expenses and the time it would take us we need time to prepare (it’s not just receiving the OK from the Consulate, taking the metro and in one hour arriving to their offices)
-As you can see on the webpage of the Fedex- the 8th the envelope was in La Paz so it will arrive here Monday the 11th if we have luck
-We don’t have ADSL, the attachment you sent us (thank you they helped me a lot) took us more than one hour to open them.
-If everything turns out alright and I’m sure everything will turn out alright, please remember that our reservation from Sucre to La Paz or Santa Cruz (depending on the connection with our travel agency) should be two days before our international flight (because the airport may close down due to the rain), this forces us to stay two days in those cities. Please before buying the tickets send me a copy of them because I can find out all modifications before you buy them.
Last question- are you covering the cost of the visas ($100) and the cost of obtaining the visas (travel, board?)
I want to thank you again for your great effort in making our participation possible and please have the security that we are doing and will do everything to make it possible. Whatever it takes.
Looking forward and waiting for your responses
I am also sorry that there isn’t anyone from our group who can communicate with you in English, we already consider your organization part of our team.